And 'nother ATTABOY!

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Okie Benz" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 7:34 PM
Subject: [MBZ] You Can Bruise City Hall

Filed an FOIA request with FEMA a year ago May to get additional documentation on my property relative to flood maps. Got a confirmation letter within a few days afterwards, outlining the statutory requirement for them to respond to me within 20 business days.

Fully expecting they would not respond in the time allotted, I let it go, and they didn’t.

However, by last December I was wondering what was going on, so I emailed the contact they gave me along with all the identifying information from my request.

< crickets >

So, May rolls around and I figure I should rattle their cage again, now that it’s been a year, and I do so via email.

< crickets >

So Sunday I took a few minutes and contacted the office of Dennis Ross, our Congressional representative. I got a response on Tuesday asking me to fill out a privacy form so they could inquire of FEMA on my behalf. I haven’t returned it to them yet.

Come home today, and there’s a cryptic voice mail “about my case, and we’ll email you” on the phone. Hmm.

Check my email, and whaddya know! A response from FEMA, apologizing for the delay and explaining while they can’t give my request priority, it is now in the “pending queue” and should be reviewed and completed within a week.

I replied back, thanking them, and pointing out that had they bothered to acknowledge either of my previous efforts to contact them I wouldn’t have had to resort to getting my congressman involved….