-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Hans Neureiter
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 4:41 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] '83 300SD unreliable fuel delivery

I cleaned the screen on my SD without making a mess. Run the tank down to
reserve and jack the right side up as high as possible, best with a
floorjack. The fuel will be at one side of the tank, leaving the hole where
the screen is dry. Takes the same socket as the fuel sender (47mm or
1-7/8").

On 1/30/06, Luther Gulseth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> it has been ongoing for several months.  I will get the tanks as low as
> possible and check the tank screen.
>
> I'm getting the idea that lift pumps don't have many problems in the 617
> engines.
>
> ~
> ~
> ~On Monday, January 30, 2006, at 02:55 PM, Luther Gulseth wrote:
> ~
> ~>  I've never had a quality issue with their fuel.
> ~
> ~       There's a first time for everything.
> ~
> ~Johnny B.
> ~I Mac Therefore I am
>

> --