On 04/08/2015 2:23 PM, Curly McLain via Mercedes wrote:
On 04/08/2015 7:45 AM, Curly McLain via Mercedes wrote:
Kleb sez: You can get bottles filled but around here most people just swap theirs for a full one for about $18 or so. I guess this is a reason why charcoal is better but we use propane because it's easier.

Those swap cylinders are NOT full. they have 16-18 lb in a 25 lb cylinder. When you get the tank filled, they put in 25 lb for a buck or two less than a swap.

Does Costco sell propane down south?
We are currently paying $8.45 for a 20# fill at Costco here in Winnipeg.

RB

So we are paying about $10-12 more here, primarily for insurance so the propane companies can protect themselves from shysters.

It was not that many years ago I could drive 12-15 miles to a small town and get a tank filled for $8. now most of the exchange places are $18-20 for a partial tank.

Lots of places here charging $20 or more too but Costco is very reasonable.
I think I paid something like $36 to exchange a 20# tank out at the lake last summer. This time I took one of my city tanks out and brought the empty exchange cylinder home to get it refilled here. I truly want to switch to natural gas here in the city so that I won't run out and won't need to haul the cylinders around quite so often.

RB