Not much to it, take off the old one and put the new one back on. You might have to jiggle some stuff a little bit but there is no significant load on it when the car is jacked up. Are you really needing the rod or the ball joint thingy on the firewall (this is what wears out)?

--R

Allan Streib wrote:

Sorry the original message had a munged From: header, if anyone tries
a direct reply this one should be correct.