Friends don't let friends drive a toada.

get a dogde.  They run 300 to 350k miles and the A/c works.

I see no reason why you can't plug off the rear. Plug em and charge the remaining system.

My wife drives a 2006 Toyota Sienna.  The air conditioning in that mini-van
lost its refrigerant.  The Toyota dealer wanted $3,595 to replace the
corroded rear evaporator and rear refrigerant lines needed to fix the leak.
 I told the dealer "Air conditioning is nice, but not worth that much to
us."  The dealer refused to block off the rear air conditioner, and only
said, "You can't do that".

I see there are several sources of special tubing plugs used to block off
the rear air conditioning of this mini-van model.  Does anybody have
experience with this?  Can the front A/C system of dual evaporator vehicle,
work long term, with the back system blocked off?

Thanks,

Ned Kleinhenz

06 - E320 CDI
95 - E300D