On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 11:34:36 -0500 Randy Bennell via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> These work well in basements. http://www.dricore.com/en/index.aspx
> Would likely work well in the shed too.

Also try,

http://www.radonseal.com/radonseal-mitigation.htm

    RadonSeal® has been the leading concrete sealer for commercial and
    residential projects since late 1990's. It is a reactive internal
    sealer for poured concrete, concrete blocks, mortar, and other
    cementitious materials.

    RadonSeal penetrates deep into concrete (up to 6" depending on
    porosity), reacts, expands inside the pores, and cures as a silicate
    mineral. Once cured, it will seal your concrete permanently against
    water seepage, efflorescence, water vapor, and even radon gas.

    Unlike common sealers (coatings) and waterproofing paints sold in big
    box stores, RadonSeal will never peel or wear away. It cannot be
    pushed out from the pores regardless of hydrostatic pressure! The
    internal seal becomes integral to the concrete itself – there is never
    a need to re-apply the sealer again! RadonSeal will make your concrete
    denser and stronger - it is like injecting more cement into the
    concrete.

Craig

> RB
>
> On 17/08/2015 10:03 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
> > IIRC you didn't put a vapor barrier under the concrete so the advice
> > we as a group gave you last year was a pretty resounding neither.
> > Your problem is that moisture WILL creep up through the concrete. If
> > you paint it the paint will fail rapidly, just the like the paint in
> > my basement does and for the same reasons. If you put carpet it'll
> > probably mold like Grant suggests.Probably the best option to my mind
> > is to cover the floor with plastic and deck it with plywood. The
> > moisture will migrate along the plastic and out the edges... -Curt
> > From: Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> To:
> > Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com> Cc: Andrew
> > Strasfogel <astrasfo...@gmail.com> Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015
> > 10:56 AM Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Concrete paint? Hardy har har.  So
> > should I paint the floor OR cover it with I/O carpet?
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 11:21 PM, G Mann via Mercedes
> > <mercedes@okiebenz.com
> >> wrote:
> >> Yes, it would disrupt the ecological cycle of mold growth in the
> >> carpet to close off it's water supply by sealing the concrete.
> >>
> >> Pretty sure that's how it happens in the humid NorthEast... ;))
> >>
> >> 118°F here today.. moisture is not a problem..
> >>
> >> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 8:14 PM, WILTON via Mercedes <
> >> mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Craig

----------------------------------
Present: '82 240D/3.0   Bluebell   278 kmi (Still need to fix leaking
                                            oil pressure gauge and do
                                            something about the failed
                                            hood paint and attend to the
                                            ignition switch)
         '89 Chevrolet G20 Beauville Van (affectionately dubbed the BRV,
                                         the Big Red Van)
Past:    '95 E320       Sebastian  135 kmi   RIP
         '94 E420       Oskar      127 kmi   RIP
         '86 190E/2.3
         '72 220/8
         '64 190Dc      Emma