They’re a coop. That’s why they’re so accommodating.  If they were we a state
regulated electric utility, they wouldn’t be giving him the time of day, much
less purchasing his power.

If you read the article I linked to, it highlights one of the weasely things
the legislators are doing to try and stay above the fray while keeping the
utilities happy - You want to force me to buy power?  Sure!  Only make me pay
$0.02-$0.03 a KwH rather than the rate I make you pay.  That way they can say
they’re doing what’s expected of them for point-of-use but making it
financially unattractive for the consumer.

Dan