This in not on the POSitive car.  It is for the original 87 300D.

Right low beam was flakey, sometimes on and sometimes off. Now both lowbeams are non working. I thought it was a bad bulb on the left. Took out the bulb tonight; it looked good; tested it, tests good. Next was checking fuses. All fuses good. Spun the fuses. No change. The other obvious breakable parts are the TS Stalk and the ign switch. Of these, the TS stalk is a common failure, and the Ign switch seldom fails. I believe the High/Low; L and R would either all go out or 2 at a time go out if that was the problem.

Has anyone taken apart the TS stalk switch? Are there two sets of headlight contacts? L and R? if so, then it is certainly the culprit unless meeces have chewed the wires, but no indications of that, and the car seldom sits for more than a few hours.

For those of you who resurrect them with deoxit, do you take them out to spray them or do it on the column?

I have a spare 123 stalk at home, but no 124 stalks. I may be able to get one tomorrow. That may be faster and cheaper than deoxit.