> > > Kaleb wrote:
> > >
> > > How the heck am I going to get this hardened tap out of
> > > the hole?

> > fmiser wrote:
> >
> > There are tap extractors.  Arms stick down to fit in the
> > slots down the side of the tap.

> Kaleb wrote:
>
> Yep got a set on the way from Amazon along with a new
> condenser and drier

When using a tap - or a die - a technique that can help avoid
breaking them is to turn backwards often to break off the
chips created by the cutting.  That can be as little cutting as:

 cut for 1/8 turn forward - 1/4 turn back to remove chips - repeat

or as much cutting as:

 cut for 2 or 3 turns - 1/4 turn back to remove chips - repeat.

Also, using a lubricate is a good idea.  A respectable
hardware store should carry thread cutting oil.  Or mix lard
2:1 with kerosene or diesel for iron and steel.  I don't
remember what's a good choice for aluminum...