Iffy compressor operation can also be a slipping belt, which kicks out the KLIMA til restart -- easy enough to check, cycle the keyswitch and it will come back for a while.

Sadly, this can also be a bad compressor dragging when it's hot, I've had that happen to me. Easy change if you can find a good one, but get a filter put into the suction side hose if you replace it.

Center vent is probably a vacuum issue, make sure you don't have a leak in something else up in the engine compartment that prevents full vac at the supply for the ACC. Also check the switchover valves and associated elbows.

A shot of contact cleaner into the temp control wheel rheostat can work wonders too.

Verify that all the temp sensors are good -- a bad on at the evaporator that goes open when cold will shut the AC off too.

Peter