Just a couple of suggestions. First, don't know whether you have "hard or soft" water. I've only used Cascade powder since my Maytag was new. I never use rinse agents, so I've never used that capability on the Maytag. Second, when I built my house, I installed an inline GE whole house water filter. I change the filter once per year (just the wife and I). So maybe my filter helps temper the water. I've always found water spotting on glassware to be more a function of the detergent and less a problem with the dishwasher.
Just some extra thoughts.
Best Wishes,
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.
Monroe, Ga.
770-267-0850
www.dinnerwareclassics.com

Right on! Hard water can make a difference and so does cascade vs whatever is cheep at wallyland.