Rich, don't know what the anti siphon vent is. Everything works ok on mine so
apparently I don't need it.
Wilton, it seems the up loop would serve the same purpose as the trap. Again,
since my unit works fine, I apparently don't need it.
As I've said before, I may have just been lucky. Or it could be that my whole
house water filter helps remove chemicals, etc. I know my commode bowls stay
pretty clean and my water heaters (have two) are past normal expiration times
and are still working fine. Just sayin......
Kaleb, let us know how your quest goes. This certainly is a perplexing issue
with lots of "possible" causes and solutions.
Roger
Roger Hale
Dinnerware Classics, Inc.
Monroe, Ga.