Dave M. wrote:
Hi all,

A friend is trying to run the W126 service manual on CD-ROM, and is
having some problems. I'm trying to troubleshoot over the phone with
no luck. He gets past the intro movie, and into the model/year
selection, and to the function group & sub-function... but when
selecting the actual job from the right side window, where it should
launch the PDF file, he's getting an Internet Explorer error "Action
canceled". Does anyone recognize this? I walked him through installing
the required Shockwave plugin, and Acrobat Reader v7, but still no
luck. If anyone has been through a similar scenario and has some tips,
that would be VERY helpful...

I believe that can relate to the version of Adobe Acrobat that's installed on the machine (or perhaps how it's configured). I believe that ver. 3 was what was on the CD and there were problems when Ver 4 and 5 were installed on some operating systems (98 and ME as I recall). I haven't experience any problem in 4-5 years.

I can't offer a precise solution, but fooling around with the Acrobat reader and it's implementation with the browser MIGHT off a solution.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi