Thanks Marshall,

I was thinking $50 to 75 for the motor. 2-4 hours is ok for a first attempt. I think i figured 4 hours to take out the heater in a 110/111 and replace the short hoses between the valve and the core, and re-o-ring and lube the valves and put new hoses through the firewall and put it all back together. It was a good all day saturday project because I'd always find other things to work on too. Great for one of those days like today when it got up to 63 here in the tundra!

Loren

At 05:14 PM 2/14/2006, you wrote:
Loren Faeth wrote:
> I am going tomorrow to look at a POS 201 that needs a heater motor.  I am
> thinking about it as a winter fliver.  THe owner says it starts easily and
> runs good. Does anyone know how hard it is or what the book time is to R&R
> the heater motor?  What should I expect to pay for a used motor from a non
> P&P junkyard?

You need to remove the grillwork under the windshield, loosen the
section of firewall behind the engine to allow it to move forward,
remove the wiper assembly (5 nuts as I recall) and THEN open the blower
housing to get to the motor. First time I did one it took 4+ hours. I
finally got it down to a little more than 1/2 hour. I'd guess they'd
want $50-75 for a used blower motor (new is more than double that).

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5
turbo 237kmi