      From: Joel Cairo via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Joel Cairo <buggeredbenzm...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 1:00 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Wilton needs this for his new ride

You could put those twennyates yo on your dizzel wagon yo and go driving
around DC later in the evening yo, see what ladies come running.

On a similar aspect, last night on the flix I was watching some show
called "Roadkill" which is mildly entertaining.  They were doing some
sort of comparison to a Lambo Aventador and a seriously
chopped/channeled rat rod that was pretty much a rolling POS but sorta
interesting.  They observed that the guys were drawn to the Lambo, while
the ladies were drawn to the rat rod.  I have no idea if they accurately
reported this statistical survey, but it was kinda interesting.

--JC

On 7/12/16 3:04 PM, Andrew Strasfogel wrote:
> Even more so than driving a 33 year old diesel station wagon?
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Joel Cairo via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>> wrote:
>
>    I had this conversation with my son a coupla weeks ago as we were
>    passing a house with a "Box" with a blue metalflake paint job on
>    blocks out behind it, I had seen it there for quite some time with
>    the big chrome rims, etc. then recently on blocks.  I supposed
>    that the rim store had come and repoed them when the guy couldn't
>    keep up with payments (you can get them on credit, just make a
>    monthly payment, rent to "own").  So I asked him why he thought
>    this particular trend was popular in a certain demographic, if it
>    was a personal satisfaction thing, to show off to his buddies, or
>    to appear to be more attractive to the ladies.
>
>    He believed quite sincerely that it was to be more attractive to
>    the ladies.  A car with big rims was the key, not a job,
>    education, nice house, etc.  I don't know but it sorta made sense,
>    and he is probably more in tune with it than I am.
>
>    --JC
>

>    On 7/12/16 2:10 PM, Craig via Mercedes wrote:
>
>        On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 13:39:46 -0400 Joel Cairo via Mercedes
>        <mercedes@okiebenz.com <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>> wrote:
>
>            https://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/5679243582.html
>

>          From the posting: "Wow 28" rims 1200 dollars"
>
>        Wow is right. Why would anyone spend that kind of money on
>        rims which
>        require tires so thin they and the rim will be damaged going
>        over common
>        bumps in the road?
>

>        Craig

>    --