The peaches here have been absolutely fantastic this year! NORTH Carolina. ;<)

In years past, though, I have bought some (usually at Sam's) that have been worthless - hard, tasteless, etc. Musta been from CA or somewhere else foreign. 'Have been especially careful this year not to waste my money on that crap.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Thomas via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2016 11:43 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Carolina peaches

The peaches this year have been great.

--R (sent from my miniPad)

On Aug 27, 2016, at 10:58 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

I grew up with local Strawberries, cherries, blueberries, apples, peaches, plums, pears, and on a good year, apricots. Our own peaches were always best, and IL peaches next best, and MO peaches in third.

Living in HI, we had none of these available. One time I decided the CO peaches looked good, so I bought a few. They were terrible, absolutely dry cardboard, no juice, no flavor. Now a homegrown peach, or IL or MO peach would be so juicy the juice ran down your chin and down your arms to the elbow, where it ran off.

Here, the best we have been able to do is MO peaches with no variety identification. But still they are flavorful and juicy. Not run to your elbows juicy, but tasty, none the less.

Rich and Max were braggin about Carolina peaches a few weeks ago. When the store here ran out of MO peaches, I looked at CO, CA and whatever else they had, and decided, on Rich's recommendation to try the Carolina peaches.

WOW! they were dry as cardboard, and had nearly the same flavor! Terrible! Absolutely TERRIBLE! They looked pretty, but were dry as a bone , hard and had no flavor. The ones I tried to let ripen and soften some turned brown inside, but they were too dry to rot. They were even worse than those awful CO peaches I tried in HI!

Well, at least the strawberries in the store are still tolerable. Nowhere near the juiciness and flavor of real strawberries, but they are tolerable. I wonder who buys the cardboard peaches in the grocery stores. It has to be people who have never tasted a real peach.

So, Rich and Max:  Bah!  Your peaches are awful!

If it is any consolation, I won't eat anything called "Cherry" unless I made it with real fresh tart cherries, or frozen tart cherries. The sheeple are so stupid that they think cherry tastes like cough syrup, so all the "cherry" products may be made with real cherries, but they are flavored with maraschino cherry flavor mixed with cough syrup flavor to make an awful glop. Eating the cherries right in the tree was best! I'd usually eat 4 to 6 lb of strawberries in the patch too. That was GOOOD stuff!