The crap peaches here were from NORTH carolina!

Unfortunately, grocery distribution systems don't care if the crap they sell is any good. The bean counters only look at "shrink" and margins. Any peach worth eating will have some bruising, but the bean counters can;t have that. On occasion, if you deal in good peaches, you will get some that don't keep well and have to be thrown out. The grocery mentality can't handle that.

The problem is really not the source, but the grocery mentality. I just wanted to razz y'all NORTH and SOUTH Carolinians!

If you find a grocery store that has GOOD peaches, you have found a GOOD produce manager and a good store system that lets the store buy peaches and other perishables directly from the grower/trucker. The BAD/normal system forces them to buy the warehouse crap, and there is never a good peach that goes through the grocery warehouse.

WILTON via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
August 28, 2016 at 9:00 AM
The peaches here have been absolutely fantastic this year! NORTH Carolina. ;<)

In years past, though, I have bought some (usually at Sam's) that have been worthless - hard, tasteless, etc. Musta been from CA or somewhere else foreign. 'Have been especially careful this year not to waste my money on that crap.