That makes sense.

Here’s a good article on Costco’s pricing codes and things like that:

https://toughnickel.com/frugal-living/Secret-Codes-Will-Save-You-Money-At-Costco

Also be aware that in many cases the stuff that they’re closing out will be in
back or against exterior walls.  The $0.97 ending is also a giveaway.

Dan