Your antenna might be going down too low, or it's had the topmost part cut
off.  If it's anything like my 84 300D, the inner plastic liners to the
trunk pop right out - they're only held in by their shape.

I don't think there's any adjustment, other than a new antenna mast.  If
your reception stinks, a new mast is around $40 from rusty.