[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I was planning to start testing today to see if the antenna was getting 12V but when my wife got home last night and turned the engine off I heard the familar sound of the antenna retracting. As suddenly as the problem started, it disappeared.

Perhaps it's one of those electronic glitches Marshall mentioned? Who knows? - oh well, hopefully it'll keep working --

Wipe the antenna EVERY time you fill the car with fuel and you can put some silicone spray on the towel/rag you wipe with. Keeping it clean is the very best maintenance. DO NOT use grease or oil of any sort.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)