On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 10:38:00 -0400 Dan Penoff via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I know there are a number of electronics folks here.  Would one of you
> mind taking a look at this dual section capacitor and giving me your
> opinion on the value(s) and a possible source?
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwkdwt4rope8mdq/IMG_1230.jpg?dl=0

It's an AC input filtering capacitor set which is made up of three
capacitors:

        - One 0.2 ufd 250 VAC capacitor between the line terminals
          for differential-mode suppression (the "X" capacitor)

        - Two 0.0025 ufd 250 VAC capacitors, one from each line
          terminal to ground, for common-mode suppression (the "Y"
          capacitors)

https://electrosome.com/x-and-y-rated-capacitors/
        - Talks about the why of input filtering capacitors

http://www.mouser.com/new/Kemet-Electronics/kemet-900-caps/
        - Sales information

You want two

http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=0virtualkey0virtualkeyC907U222MYVDBA7317
for the "Y" capacitors.

The corresponding "X" capacitors from the same manufacturer go up to
only 0.01 ufd, which indicates your 0.2 ufd capacitor is much large
than typically used.

The 0.01 ufd capacitor is

http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=0virtualkey0virtualkeyC981U103MZVDBA7317

Craig