You mean wipe it, like with a cloth?

--FT

On 11/20/16 1:49 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
Wipe down with India Pale Ale (IPA)? Better to drink the IPA and wipe the car with a cloth!

Kinda like boiling brats in beer. I prefer to drink the beer and grill the brats.

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 20, 2016 at 11:44 AM
I did. Only problem I ran into was removal of the rear bumper cap that runs across the back of the car. Small sheet metal screws hold this into place and the heads were corroded enough that there was no way any of them were going to come off without a fight, so I left it.

Lousy pictures because it was half in/out of the sun, but here’s some before and after:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hdc7u46wlq5l987/AAAltLDK-AkYXkRX_izNQT3Oa?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hdc7u46wlq5l987/AAAltLDK-AkYXkRX_izNQT3Oa?dl=0>

I’ll let it dry thoroughly while I take a break for lunch, then I’ll start in on cleaning all the pieces. By the time I’m done with that it will be plenty dry and read for a wipe down with IPA and the start of polishing. Polishing should go quickly, since everything is out of the way. Makes it so, so much easier.

Dan/Martha

--FT
Winston Churchill:
“Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or
petty,
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the
enemy.”