Or DEWALT DCA2203C has 2 new 2 Ah li-ion batteries, charger and adapter for the older tools. Probably the way to go. $150 Ouch!

The problem with the Li-ion batteries with the 18V (old style) post top is that they can be put in the nicad charger, and apparently using the wrong charger causes major problems. So, to me the safer route is to use the new style battery and charger with the adapter.

They make a 5 Ah Li-ion XRP battery, but apparently not in the kits. I think these are $75 to $100 each without charger.

FWIW, my batteries did fine for 4 1/2 years. then crapped out pretty rapidly...self discharge. I bought the $99 drill kit. with case, 2 batteries and charger.

Actually, I should probably do that now. Buy the XRP drill kit for $99 at lowes/home despot: drill, 2 batteries, charger. There is a guy in chineeland (flebay) selling adapters for $30 I could be set up for $130 and have a new drill to boot. the alternatives are the $149 battery/adapter kit OR the 2 battery & charger kit for $99 and a adapter for $30 from fleabay. With the first option i only spend $130, but get a drill too.

Rick Knoble via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 26, 2016 at 2:25 PM

‎http://www.dewalt.com/products/accessories/batteries-and-chargers/batteries/18v-to-20v-adapter/dca1820http://www.dewalt.com/products/accessories/batteries-and-chargers/batteries/18v-xrp-liion-battery/dc9182http://www.dewalt.com/products/accessories/batteries-and-chargers/batteries/18v-xrp-liion-battery/dc9180

Rick
_________