OK, I have a Ammeter on the way from Amazon. It was $11 + S&H so less than $20. And since Amazon has a distribution center about 10 mi from here I might get it quickly.

BTW, they offered some kind of electronic ammeters for around $2. Iy's just a LED kind of thing but I think the analog will be easier for me to use.

LarryT