Was that within a few seconds of the key being turned on? Depending on the temp, the relay could only stay on for 10 to 30 seconds when the engine is cold. If it is fairly warm out, sometimes I can't get to the Relay output pins fast enough after turning the key on.

Next step is to test for +12v at the other 4 pins with the harness to the GPs unplugged. turn the key to "on" test relay output voltage right away. I can seem to get more than 1 or 2 pins at a glow cycle when I have to do it myself. Having a helper to turn the key on / off helps a lot!

Larry Turner via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 2, 2017 at 3:58 PM
Well, add this to the bizarre file. I started typing this reply and it disappeared. Poof!

Oh well, I guess that was practice. The doors were locked some how and the alarm went off without any warning! Man! That's scary when the horn sounds and the lights flash! Naturally I had left my keys upstairs! So I pulled the + battery terminal.

anyway, I thought I should follow someones instructions to test the 5 pins coming from the relay. I put the Neg Probe to 1 of the 5 pins, then I put the red probe to a ground such as the manifold. It read 0 V, with the key turned to the pre-glow position.. That didn't sound right.

So I need to decide what to do next.  Might have to buy my wife a car...