      From: Larry Turner via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: "mercedes@okiebenz.com" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Larry Turner <l02tur...@comcast.net>
 Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2017 7:31 AM
 Subject: [MBZ] My 124 is idling rough (91 300D 2.5Turbo)

Hi Gang,  Well, I should have left well enough alone.  But oh, no.  I
had to have a minor leak repaired.  Not wanting to fix it myself -
especially since it wasn't leaking where I suspected - I took it to a
shop.  After "pressure testing" it to find the leak (no idea how that
was done) but they found a leak at the injector Valves on top of the IP
They obtained new o-rings from BAP-Geon and repaired it.  And the leak
is in fact gone.  Unfortunately when we got it back we found it idles
rough and lacks power although it seems to pick up power once the RPMs .

I want to fix it myself rather than take it back, be without a car for 1
or more days - and possibly have more problems.  so, I will be looking
for vacuum leaks today, unconnected vac hoses, etc.  I am wondering if
there's anything else I need to look at?

BTW, I replaced the o-rings several years ago and found some oddities
after I put it back together. _That time _it was noisier than before, so
I put the old springs back in and that fixed the noise problem -
although it may not have been the springs I replaced but something about
the technique used when re-torquing the fittings (my personal
assumption). Of course, it may have been something completely different.

I plan to scour the WSM and see if there's anything there.  Got any ideas?

As always, thanks for your help !!

LarryT