Barking up the wrong tree. if the car is running, the fuel lines are bled. They are self bleeding if not properly bled.

Your problem is in the delivery valve holders, springs, seals IF they didn't screw up the pump itself. Buy the seals, orings and at least have an extra spring on hand if you don't replace them. do it right yourself (DIRY) and see if that fixes the problem.

You WILL need the special splined socket.

Larry Turner via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 21, 2017 at 12:16 PM
I think one's own self is the way to go. If I had known that was the source of the leak I would have fixed it myself. I looked all over and thought it was one or more of the connections at the Fuel Heater (which I fixed several years ago). I should have accepted their leak testing and then made the repair but I was lazy I guess ;-^

I found the small gasket on the crossover pipe was missing and they had tried to use Gasket Maker so I put a new gasket I had in my box of engine parts and fasteners along with the large O-Ring on the X-Over near the Turbo. At least I know that they are not a problem anymore.

When my wife & I were running errands it dawned on me the shop probably didn't get the air out of the fuel lines between the IP and head. Even driving at speeds of up to 60mpg failed to fix it, but I believe the air will only be removed if the fuel lines are cracked, right? I am not positive, but I suspect they may not have bled the fuel lines at all but just started it and told me they were done.

Anyway, I plan to bleed them shortly and we'll find out if that was the problem.

Thanks Guys!

LarryT

Rick Knoble via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 21, 2017 at 6:41 AM
Marshall posted the correct procedure for doing that. I have it archived, somewhere. If not done correctly, bad things happen. Oops. Probably best done by ones own self, or an injection shop familiar with Bosch pumps.

Rick