On Feb 28, 2006, at 9:48 AM, Curt Raymond wrote:

While we're talking wipers has anybody ever lubed a 201 wiper? When its real cold out the wiper on my '85 190D gets real sluggish. This car has the sliding monowiper, I can't remember the specifc term, it goes in and out during its travel. I'm thinking I'll drip some ATF into the motor and lube all the linkages too. What should I lube the linkages with? I've got some sunroof grease hanging around...

  -Curt

I'm having the same problem with the same item in a 190D also. I'm awaiting a used set-up. I already purchased a used assy and it is only slightly better than the original. My wipers do not function unless there is water on the windshield and I give it a push with my hand. One motor must have a bad gear box or clutch. I have one set-up torn apart and almost every part of it is shot. I recall something like 4 parts that are required to fix it but so far nobody has come forth with the info. I hope the next one at least gives me something to work with. I won't mind if I have to combine parts from all 3 to make one go. Meanwhile, Rain-X is my best friend.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am