Curt Raymond wrote:
> While we're talking wipers has anybody ever lubed a 201 wiper? When its r=
eal cold out the wiper on my '85 190D gets real sluggish. This car has the =
sliding monowiper, I can't remember the specifc term, it goes in and out du=
ring its travel.
>   I'm thinking I'll drip some ATF into the motor and lube all the linkage=
s too. What should I lube the linkages with? I've got some sunroof grease h=
anging around...

I'm going to try to attach a file that appeared on the old Ritter/Easley =

  Baylor web site (try r=3Dthe file I've attached and see if it works). It =

describes a fairly simple way to service SOME transmissions of 201/124 =

monowipers. Very early models ('85?) and very late ones ('90s?) may NOT =

be opened as described (my Euro '85 190D won't open as described).

Simply removing the arm and lubricating the polished piston shaft with a =

little ATF makes a BIG improvement (several applications with operation =

between each application is better yet), but this strategy is less =

satisfactory than disassembly and lubrication.

If you are going to remove the wiper mechanism anyway, once the wiper is =

out, open the blower housing and lubricate the blower motor (with ATF) =

while you're in there!

Marshall
-- =

'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 =

turbo 237kmi