Curt & Johnny,

I think the problem likely resides in the wiper "transmission", the
part tucked under the gray center cover, which you can't access
without fully disassembling the wiper mechanism. Lubricating the
external stuff may help but will only do so much. I also had a slow
monowiper when cold on my 300E, and swapped on my 300D monowiper
instead, which works fine. (I put the later version "black" wiper on
the 300D.)

Interestingly, the very late W124 monowipers (1994-95 model years)
have a different transmission cover... it's a plastic cap that pops
off so you can see, and lubricate, the internals. I got one of each
(don't ask) of the two versions (Bosch and SWF) and the internals are
TOTALLY different, but both were in dire need of lubrication. I'll be
posting photos eventually. I wanted to install this type on my car but
discovred - two days too late, d'oh - that you need the late
windshield too, which has a groove for the new style weatherstripping.
Alas, that will have to wait, for now. If anyone wants a 94/95
monowiper for W124, drop me a line... I have two I don't need!

Here's a photo of the area that contains the 'transmission' internals:

http://www.superturbos.com/misc/late_wiper1.jpg

And no, that top cover doesn't just pop off!

:)

-Dave M.