I have SWMBO's former Macbook 1,1 Core 2 1.8; 2 Gb Ram (max) with recent HD and battery. Looks like now it is tough to sell one for even $100 on the bay of fleas. Perhaps it is time to load some flavor of linux on it? What flavor would you guys recommend? Sort of a Ed B or Looey Don question.

In looking at the bay of fleas, it appears el crap might run on it or can be hacked to run on it. Anybody got experience with this?

It is only worth 50-$75, I may as well keep it an use it as a shop computer or some such.

I guess I shoulda put winders 10 virus magnet on it while that was still free.