Not ever hyperbole, 14 iterations plus I believe there was a tv show:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time_(franchise)
-Curt

      From: Dan--- via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "d...@penoff.com" <d...@penoff.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:17 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OK guys it's time to grow up

The Lethal Weapon franchise is the adult equivalent of the "Land Before Time"
kids series. Massage the story line to make it marginally different and spit
out another to cash in.

I kid you not, there must have been 20 or more iterations of "Land Before
Time", and my kids had to see/own every one...

-D

Sent from my iPad