I'm thinking of checking this one out.  Here's the link to it on CL.

http://portland.craigslist.org/car/138182748.html

This is what the guy wrote in his response.

I have had this car for about 2 years. It is an automatic. Has always been on the road. The only major work I had done to it was to have the steering/ignition lock replaced when it broke. Brakes are ok, transmission has a little slipping but hasn't been a problem, no leaking.. Went to Yakama last summer and it took the mountains OK. Pretty strong engine. Mileage has always been around 15-20, usually closer to 20.

Interior is not leather, I've got covers for the front seats, back seats don't need them. Most gages work. Vacuum system is not hooked up. Great heater,
air conditioner not filled.

THE PROBLEM: Has suddenly sprung an oil leak. Always used a little oil but this is something else. Not sure where it originates. Uses about a quart of oil every 40 miles and looses oil when parked. My guy says he can't tell where it is coming from without getting into it. I don't have the time, talent
or cash to get into it right now.  My guy figures seals.

I know that it is a rare turbio diesel 300CD, but is this one that could be "somethin'," or a junkyard fugitive?

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon

1973 220D parting out