http://portland.craigslist.org/car/138182748.html
...  Pretty strong engine.  Mileage has always been
around 15-20, usually closer to 20.

That's stinky.  Something's wrong there.  The coupes are nice
looking cars, and relatively rare in general.  Looking at the
picture it seems to be similar looking to my recent acquisition.
So, is it worth $450 more than the 240D I just bought?  Probably,
but either car might be a money pit in disguise.  Still, that's
the big gamble with these things!  (Cars, I mean.)

Is a coupe the right car for you?  A good question to have the
answer to.  No, if back seat activity is important.  Not the
best family car, in other words.

Condition, condition, condition.  If the thing will clean
up acceptably, _everything_ else can be dealt with fairly
cheaply DIY, with patience and care.

-- Jim