Actually, the ceramic or whatever it is (feel free to step in, Marshall)
seems to do the intended job. My car has about 215,000+ MILES (not K) and
the wheels still turn smoothly as needed. Yea, the new Rusty Filter is in
there now, but this car has steered for longer than some on this list have
been alive, and I think with the original filter.

I continue to hold to the fact that the Benz engineers (WW II not
withstanding) did not have their heads up their rectums. Truth be told, I
almost hated removing the ceramic thing and putting in paper, but logic made
me do so.