You've touched an another of the drivers, my boat trailer is unique because
I have a sailboat with a swing keel.  The combination of the round hull and
the swing keel result in the boat sitting very high on the trialer.  There
are two bumpers or supports on the sides that stabilize the boat
side-to-side, and they are about two feet or more above the "floor" of the
trailer, on angle iron welded to the trailer frame.  None of the trailers
I've seen for sale have them, so I'll have to have any trailer I purchase
modified with those additions.

My trailer has another unique feature, the tongue can be extended about six
or eight feet for launch, so the back of the two vehicle doesn't end up in
the water.  I've yet to see a trailer with that option as well.

I'd really like to find a cheap used trailer with the load capacity for my
boat, and then either pay someone to modify or do it myself.

Max
Charleston SC