OK Don wrote:
> Exactly - - however, as I've stated before, there is no one vehicle that
> will best fulfill all missions. At this point, an EV is great for running
> around town, not so great for cruising cross country. A well engineered
> hybrid might do both, but I doubt it.
Son had a Ford Fusion Hybrid he bought new and kept for five years or so,
accumulating about 200K miles. It was very comfortable driving long distances,
and had no repairs other than a rear wheel bearing. It used Prius technoloy
and a Ford engine for the drive train. It would have been more popular and more
widely sold but for the high price. It weighted about 4000 lbs and got an
average of 39 mpg combined road and city.
Gerry

---
http://www.avg.com