Donald Snook via Mercedes wrote:
Speaking of transmission fluid and servicing of them, anyone else done a
transmission flush with the machines that shops have now?

I remember seeing pictures of a vehicle (Nissan?) that had a tranny flush done, apparently either they used the coolant flush machine, or somehow got water or coolant in the tranny flush machine, anyway the tranny was full of pink milk and somehow the friction material had come unglued from the clutch plates or some seemingly impossible but drastic failure like that...

...I don't know if it was an internet myth or not, but the story came with pictures, and it's kept me away from those machines for the past 15 years or so.

Mitch