I don't buy the "sealed for life" part at all.  I'll bet there is a kit you
can get to install a dipstick / fill tube and change the fluid.  Is there a
filter too?  If there is no drain on the torque converter, then maybe the
flush would be a good idea, but I'd check around for a reputable BMW shop
and avoid the Quicky-Lube places.

Max
Charleston SC