On Thu, 10 Aug 2017 18:42:32 -0400 (EDT) Mitch Haley via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> You unplugged the sending unit when you changed the filter?

No, this engine has an oil filter cannister like an OM617. It's at the
rear of the engine and has a lid with a central rod which lifts off.

I have moved the connector for the oil pressure sensor at the base of the
filter and wiggled the harness which, I think, contains the wire from the
sensor to the gauge. That seems to help a little, with the gauge
sometimes bouncing from zero to pegged.

So, I think, something is wrong with the wire between the sensor and the
gauge. How that went wrong and how I might fix it are then the questions.

Craig