I tried the autofrost in one car. If you use that stuff, better make real sure that your system is completely leak free. It ran great for a week, by 3 weeks it was empty. Switched it to r134 and it went a year and a half before having to add any.Didn't notice any temp difference out the vents between the autofrost and the r134a, and this is in Arkansas ( read that real hot :-)

----------Robert

Mitch Haley wrote:
Jim Cathey wrote:
Never convert anything to R134a that you care about.  Keep it
R12, or use any of the fine mineral-oil-compatible R12 substitutes
out there.  The PAG/POE oils are evil hygroscopic compressor-killers.
I spend about $7 to recharge one of our systems using a test
refrigerant.  It can work even better than R12, if not in the
deep South.

If you are in the deep south and want maximum cooling, try this:
http://www.refrigerantsales.com/st_af.html

I believe a 9.6oz can of autofrost is supposed to equal a 12oz freon.