Jim Cathey wrote:
> I think it's about the same as the homebrew test refrigerant.
> (Which I have been pleased with.)

Yep, I'm pretty sure it's propane/isobutane, sure enough I'm not
going to look it up.

I was surprised a couple of years ago when I called a gas dealer to buy
propane and isobutatne by the refrigerant numbers (R290=propane R600a=iso)
that they wanted several dollars a pound for refrigerant grade hydrocarbons.

Furnace grade propane has a bit of H2O in it, as well as a nasty stink
ingredient for leak detection, so it's less than ideal, but the idea of
paying three figures for a 20lb can of R290 propane makes me choke.