As I recall, the "screws" are t30 torx head.

You can also remove the side cover on the IP to watch the rack movement to be positive the new shutoff moves the rack to "OFF" with vacuum from the Mity-vac.

Peter Frederick via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
August 26, 2017 at 9:06 AM
It's fairly easy, but rather fiddly, and I'd not do it with a knee replacement acting up, you need to spend quite a git of time leaning over the I".

You will have to remove the boost control can from the IP, which is the fiddly part -- unscrew the captive nut and the bottom and fiddle around until you get it in the right position to roll out, then take out the screws that hold the shut-off in place, unhook the rod on the bottom side and remove.

Install the new shut-off making sure you hook the roc on properly, replace the screws.

VERIFY THAT IT'S INSTALLED RIGHT! Using an external vacuum source, pull a vacuum on the newly installed solenoid and make SURE the shutoff lever moves all the way down smoothly. If you don't get it hooked up right, the engine can run away when started and will throw a rod unless you can get enough fuel lines loose first. Keep a 14mm wrench in your hand on startup.

Replace the boost control can, which is the hard part. It is a real PITA to get it in place and standing up properly to get the nut to engage.

Guess it depends on how long you want to stand on that knee, leaning over into the engine compartment.

Getting old sucks.