On Wed, 6 Sep 2017 09:38:19 -0400 (EDT) Mitch Haley via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> > On September 6, 2017 at 9:12 AM Meade Dillon via Mercedes
> > <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
> >

> > Can you segregate all the changes (all the received and sent emails)
> > to the email directories from the trip, and copy them off to a USB?
>
> If it was me, and thunderbird, I'd make trip folders, search and move
> messages into them by date, get the new folders from the travel
> computer going on the home computer, and move the messages from the
> travel folders to the permanent folders from within T-Bird.

My problem is not transferring files from the Win 7 laptop to the Linux
desktop; that works well with rsync in Cygwin.

My problem is getting ready for another trip and updating the Win 7 laptop
with the changed files and directories from the Linux desktop.

I guess I could do as I originally did, update the files on the ext3 USB
disk and then use the Win 7 application that reads from (but not writes
to) the ext3 USB disk to put the emails and directories on the Win 7
laptop, but that, as far as I know, requires deleting all the emails and
directories from the laptop and copying all of them from the ext3 USB
disk, which takes a LONG time (I currently have 1140 directories and
70812 files, which take up 4.2 gigabytes).

Craig