On Thu, 7 Sep 2017 20:35:26 -0400 Dan--- via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I know I'm late to the party here, but what would be wrong with going
> in and applying more or less wide open (read and write) permissions to
> the whole volume?  Wouldn't that allow the files to be read by pretty
> much anyone/anything regardless of OS?

Yes, I had that thought, too.

In Cygwin, I can do it easily with a Unix command. That, however, doesn't
correct the problem with the Win OS itself not being able to read the
files.

Is there a way to do that in Win 7 that doesn't involve handling each
file and directory individually?

Craig