Great info. I am very interested in what you wrote about the assigning of
fault in the case of crashing into or with someone in snow or ice. I have
never heard that fault may be assigned based on the type of tires one has.
Does this mean that someone with a rear drive car would get blamed over
someone with a front drive car? And would someone with four wheel drive win
in court over someone with front drive?

In other words, does this law (is it really a law, or is it an insurance
company guideline, or what is it?) apply to anything other than tires?

Thanks
Brian
83 240D

Robert wrote:

and in most cases, if you get tangled up with another car in the
snow, and the other guy doesn't have real snow tires ( all seasons don't
count ) it generally automatically becomes the other guys fault ( it's
called not having proper safety equipment for conditions ).