Most shops will not stud a used tire for that reason exactly......You can get the studs in but they won't stay for long.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "John Berryman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Traction in adverse conditions

On Mar 9, 2006, at 9:35 AM, Dwight E. Giles, Jr wrote:

Thanks Mike-well I may try the studs one more winter. I have 4 free
blizzaks as well. Need to find 3 more wheels so I don't have pay the
changeover.

Dwight Giles, Jr

If you intend to put studs in used tires be prepared to pick each
and every stud hole clean. Little stones, sand, glass chips  etc will
not allow the studs to be installed properly. This can be quite time
consuming, more so if you intend to run all 4. Not cleaning out the
holes will result in problems ranging from studs falling out to
punctures. I'll never do it again unless I get mint tires for free.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am