You're right. Ask anyone. They will tell you they are a good, or a great
driver. People take pride in their driving "skills".

I'm wasnt' talking about honest mistakes, I was talking about purposeful
behavior, or brainless habits.

I just ran across this little sheet of info that came with my auto
registration. I wonder if it's true. Seems to be designed to support the
magic 55 mph limit. If it's true, it is very interesting.

Time saved per trip at different speeds:

For a five mile trip: 45 vs. 55 - you save 1 min. 13 sec.
For a ten mile trip: 45 vs. 55  -you save 2 min. 25 sec.
For a twenty mile trip: 45 vs. 55 - you save 4 min. 50 sec.

For a five mile trip: 55 vs. 60 - you save 27 sec.
For a ten mile trip: 55 vs. 60 - you save 55 sec.
For a twenty mile trip: 55 vs. 60 - you save 1 min. 49 sec.

For a five mile trip: 60 vs. 65 - you save 23 sec.
For a ten mile trip: 60 vs. 65 - you save 46 sec.
For a twenty mile trip: 60 vs. 65 - you save 1 min. 32 sec.

Brian
83 240D

R wrote:

I have read countless posts on this and
other MB lists, when discussing snow driving, that all of the "other"
drivers are
clueless on the subject, whereas the poster is a paragon of skill, knowledge
and judgement.

I could confess a few dopey things I've done in snow, starting with when I
was a teenager.