-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Christopher McCann
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 2:22 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Wulf is back! AND Stanadyne in line fuel heater
(free)

well, as Herr Doktor has pointed out, 99% of engine wear is at start  up. I
feel bad about starting Wulf when its really cold, driving him 6  blocks and
then parking (my commute). If you store it in the winter to  preserve it,
well I guess that's different. You'd do well to switch to  M1 if you are
concerned about protecting the engine. Engine wear is  still highewst at
startup even when the weather is warm or hot.

  warming up - do you let it sit for minutes to warm up? THAT hurts it.
Again, from Herr Doktor, as soon as oil pressure pegs, off you go, but  take
it easy until you reach operating temp. All that idling cokes up  the engine
and diesels are VERY slow to warm up at idle. Once at  operating temp, drive
the heck out of it - blows out the carbon build  up. I bought Wulf from a
lady who drove it "very nicely" for 19 years.  It was "coked beyond
recognition" Diesel purge and 20,000 miles later  and the engine's clean as
a whistle.

  Speaking of which...need to follow up with that guy on EGR blocking kits.
EGRegious soot injector!

  Chris