> On December 10, 2017 at 11:42 AM Larry Turner via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> Thanks Gang,
>
>      A couple more questions please, Is it a problem that affects all
> 3.0L V6 Turbo's of that vintage?  If so I would hope it would create a
> Recall (he said hopefully) ;-)

Hard to say 'it caused a risk of fire, and it had less than 200,000 miles on
it'. I'd assume the average failure point is way beyond MBZ's responsibility.

The 94-99 E300Ds were OM606, that's the OM603 from the 87 300D and the 86-87
SDL, but with a 24v head on it. The 98-99 cars were turbocharged and
intercooled, the last and the best of the indirect injection engines.
And the earliest CDIs (05-06) were also inline 6, I don't know if they share
any architecture with the 603.